1 kg belly pork, rinsed and
cut into chucks
250g pig's ears
2 tbsp thick soy sauce
2 tsp thin (light) soy sauce
6 small red onions
6 garlic pips, peeled and chopped
2 tsp sliced galangal
1 stick cinnamon (3 cm in length)
2 star anise
1 tbsp rock sugar
250 ml water
3 tbsp shredded lettuce
1 cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced thinly
6 bean curd puffs, blanched and sliced thinly
5 fresh red chillies
1 pod garlic, peeled and crushed ) Pound in a pastle and
2 tbsp rice vinegar
) all together
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp lime juice
1. Marinate pork and pig's
ears in the thick and thin soy sauce for 10 mins.
2. Put meat in a deep pot, with the onions, garlic,
galangal, cinnamon, star anise and cloves. Heat for 2
mins., then pour in enough water to cover the meat.
3. Cook for 20 - 30 mins, until meat is tender.
4. Sprinkle into the pot the rock sugar, and stir to
dissolve the sugar.
5. When the sauce has reduced, stir the meats in it to
coat evenly, and test to see if meat is tender.
6. If meat tender, remove and let cool.
7. Once meat cool, cut meat into bite pieces and place
in a dish.
8. Sprinkle lettuce, cucumber slices and bean curd puffs
over the meat.
9. Toss gently then drizzle the chilli sauce over, and
Serves: 4 - 6